Wednesday, September 30, 2009

LOOK CLOSELY! Wait for it... Hock video



DAY 29 (Tuesday, Sept. 29): This is a video of Crosby and Rad at hock. WARNING: There is a lot of “dead” time!  I have to sit the camera on a bucket, and then get on the horse, etc! So don’t watch it unless you really are a Crosby fan! Crosby hocks on the horse’s LEFT, so the first time you see us pass, he is closest to the camera. Crosby also wears a red collar.

I had to work in the afternoon, so I had to get all training done by 9 AM. Exercise walk on the flexi by 7 AM. Out on the horse from 8 – 9. Crosby did very well; he still doesn’t always sit on the first command, though. I still haven’t reinforced that better on the ground, I guess. He did complete two sit-stays at more than 1 minute each. Today we rode to Gartside Reservoir, a small reservoir about a mile behind our property (although it’s about a 3 mile ride round trip). It’s a mostly dirt/gravel road ride, so it is good for toughening pads without being hot. The weather was cool – maybe 50 degrees, and WINDY, so it was cold!

Crosby got right into the water at the reservoir. It wasn’t hot outside, so I doubt he needed the cooling, but he probably thought he was on a California beach! He did not drink the water at all, though. Crosby only got in about to his ankles. Sorry, Barb, he is not the clean, bright white dog you brought to me! Being a “Road Dog” means carrying a little bit of the “road” with you! I promise I will bathe him before the Road Trial!  Great practice today! Crosby hocked beautifully, and stayed pretty close on the ride. He performed a stay-come very well. He is doing so well!

MILEAGE: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment