Thursday, September 17, 2009

DAY 17 & First Rally Leg

DAY 17 CROSBY IS A ONE LEGGED DOG! Crosby earned his first leg to his Rally Novice title today! I entered Rally with all 3 Dals (Crosby, Rad, & Caden). All 3 dogs qualified (in spite of their handler), and Crosby ended up in second place! GOOD DOG, Crosby! They all lost 10 points due to handler error! One of the stations required a "Stop and Down". I stopped, the dogs sat. Then I told them to down. Apparently, that is an "incorrectly performed station". In the "Stop and Down", the dog is supposed to DROP (from a stand to a down). I didn't know that! The dog is not supposed to sit first. My bad. That's OK, though. I'm learning! Wish us luck tomorrow! Crosby and Caden have to qualify all 3 days to earn their title. (Rad earned a leg at nationals, so he could finish tomorrow if I don't mess up!)

No comments:

Post a Comment