Saturday, September 5, 2009

Crosby learns to "hock"

Here is a video of Crosby learning to "hock", or "heel" next to a horse. If you look closely, you can see the geese in the pen on the left, and chickens in the pen on the right. Lots of great distractions! Also, you can see my other horse, the Appaloosa, running in the corral. Crosby is wearing a 6 foot leather leash and a chain slip collar. I use the command "Hock", and I give him a correction when he wanders wide. He also gets treats when he is in the proper position.

1 comment:

  1. How fun! Crosby looks like such a fun dog! I'm so glad you created a blog to show how his training is going. Such a great idea. I just sat and read everything and looked at all of the fun pictures for the last half hour. Wish we were there!! Love and miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete