Thursday, September 10, 2009

DAY 10: Hock, Sit, Speed

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CROSBY!! Today Crosby is TEN. What better way to spend your birthday than learning about your heritage? (For a Dal, that means learning to follow a horse!) Here is a video clip of Crosby hocking at a walk and a gait, of Crosby doing a sit-stay, and then of how Crosby reacts when I try the Speed exercise, where I drop the leash and let him run. Crosby was already pretty tired when we got to this point, but he is SO CUTE. I love it when he runs up and sniffs the camera at the end. You know I told him to do that.
Today we went for our usual walk, and Crosby responded to every random COME and random SIT. This is great! I haven't let him run loose yet while I am on the ground; it is much easier to catch a dog when you are on horseback! He was still snatching horse manure on the walk - he is very sneaky! We practiced Rally, and he did very well. Then I saddled the horse and took Croby around for 1.3 miles more, all by himself. That is when I took the video. Sorry that it is so long - it's hard to do this by yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment