Saturday, October 17, 2009

SNOW! (Well, a little snow...)



This is a video of Day 45, the day we rode for 9 miles in preparation for the Road Trial. It was a cold day, and the cold turned into snow before we got done. I actually cut the ride short a little due to the weather. As you can see in the video, however, the cold does not seem to bother Crosby, as long as we keep moving!

DAY 44 (Wednesday, Oct. 14):
I walked the dogs in the AM, but didn’t have time to ride after work. We practiced sit-stays (2 minutes), random recalls, and heeling. Mileage: 1

Day 45: (Thursday, Oct. 15):
No school today, so I was able to ride. My goad was a good long ride; perhaps nearing the 12 mile distance. I walked the dogs in the morning, so that was about 1 mile. Then I mounted up Shadow for a long ride with Crosby and Rad. We went out to Gartside Reservoir, and then 3 or so miles up the canal road, and another mile up some dirt road, and back again. It started snowing on us about an hour into the ride. The snow then turned to rain, which is worse (if you don’t have raingear). I was not dressed for rain, so we headed home. Crosby practiced several recalls (staying recalls and free-run recalls), and several hock exercises, and three sit-stays ( two minutes each). He was PERFECT in every one. It was a good ride. The mileage we did today was a lot, but I needed to do it today, because I may not get another chance for high mileage before the Road Trial, and if I’m going to do “high” mileage, I need to do it at least 5 to 7 days before the actual Road Trial. Then a day of rest. Then “maintenance” mileage until the trial. MILEAGE: 8 or 9.

DAY 50 (Friday, Oct. 16): Crosby gets a rest today for muscle building. We walked in the morning (1.3 miles), and we practice stays. MILEAGE: 1.3

No comments:

Post a Comment