Tuesday, October 20, 2009

DAY 50- ONLY ONE DAY OF REAL TRAINING LEFT!

DAY 50 (Tuesday, October 20, 2009):
This morning when I got up it was pouring rain. We walked (on the flexi) anyway (1.3 miles). We practiced one 2-minute stay. We walked in the dark and came back looking like a muddy mess. Crosby got dried off and then I was off to work.

After work, the rain had stopped, so I was able to ride. We rode for a little over an hour. The temp was probably about 45°. The trail was muddy. I asked for obedience “right out of the starting gate”, as usual. We practiced all the exercises, all in a row, with “down time” in between, just like what might happen at a Road Trial. I also gave no treats until all exercises were completed (although I did give lots of praise between and sometimes during the exercises). Crosby performed each exercise very, very well. A little forging on the hock; a little whining on the stay; but these are just points off. His condition is also good, and his conditioning seems to have paid off. I am just so thrilled with his progress.

I can honestly say that I feel just as comfortable with Crosby “off-leash” as I do with my own dogs. He responds to my commands all the time. Of course, the Road Trial will be a new location with new distractions, so we will see, but I am confident he understands what I want of him, and he wants to please me. MILEAGE: about 5

1 comment:

  1. Good luck this weekend! Let us know how everything turns out! We wish we were there to cheer you on!! We love you!

    ReplyDelete