Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The countdown is on!

DAY 36 (Tuesday, Oct. 6): The countdown is on! Just a little over two weeks of training left!

I spent the weekend in Florida at my nephew's wedding, so no training for Crosby over the weekend! He got a 1 mile walk as soon as I got back yesterday.

Now that I am back, I took him out today on a leisurely ride to Seven Sisters. He was a very good boy. He still stays TOO close - he never gives me much opportunity to correct him - so I worry that some furry critter will distract him during the judged exercises, and we won't have had as much practice as necessary on that!

He seems to have survived the "weekend off" quite well. No lameness, stiffness, or lack of energy. He moved out nicely, and seemed to enjoy the ride without any sign of stiffness. We practiced all the exercises a few times, excepting the "distraction" exercise. Couldn't find any loose dogs! Mileage: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment