Monday, November 2, 2009

DAY 52: Planes, Shuttles, and Automobiles!

DAY 52 (Thursday, Oct. 22, 2009):

I woke up around 5:30 Am at the hotel in Billings. Crosby and I did a few laps around the parking lot, one lap at a trot (that’s fine for Crosby, but almost impossible for me!). We did about ½ mile, I suppose. When we got to the airport (very small airport), they were very friendly and accommodating, and said Crosby didn’t have to go into the crate until about 45 minutes before the plane took off. So Crosby and I went back outside in the airport parking lot, and walked for 40 minutes. It was probably about 34 degrees outside, with a brisk wind, but we kept moving and warmed up just fine. It was good exercise for a day we would both spend sitting on an airplane! I would guess the airport walk was about 2 miles.

Then it was on to the plane, and off to DC via Denver on Frontier airlines. We arrived in DC at about 6 PM EDT. Crosby survived the trip well. I was able to potty him in DC right outside the baggage claim area. It was quite a chore to lug his crate & my two suitcases to the shuttle bus to the rental cars, and then through the parking lot at the rental car area, but I had taken a crate dolly, and I broke down the crate when necessary and put it back together as needed. It probably took about 1 ½ hours to get to our car, and then another hour to drive to our hotel in Fredericksburg. We did a few laps around the Motel 6 parking lot when we got there. Mileage: about 3

No comments:

Post a Comment